Performance Analysis puts its main focus on conducting accurate assessment on the national R&D projects on green technology based on the national R&D project performance data. The result of analysis is utilized for financial budget allocation and adjustment for green technology R&D programs and establishment of necessary science and technology policies.
Performance Analysis on current status of national green technology R&D projects is conducted based on the “Framework Act on Low-Carbon Green Growth”
※ Article 26 (Facilitation of Research, Development, and Commercialization of Green Technology)(1) The Government may establish and enforce measures, including the following matters, to facilitate research, development, and commercialization of green technology:
1. Collection, analysis, and furnishing of information related to green technology;
1) The year of performance(standard year) refers to the year indicated in data collected for the “National R&D project Examination and Analysis” according to the Framework Act on Science and Technology
Verified DB established by the NTIS is utilized at the examination and analysis phase of the national R&D project
Overview of Performance Analysis Area
Classifying the R&D stages into basic research, applied research and development research following the OECD criteria
Source : OECD ‘Frascati Manual’ (2002)
Research organizations refer to the organizations that actually conduct research and development activities by using the R&D budget that are differentiated from the host organizations of projects.
- Among each years’ national R&D projects, performance of the projects classified as green technology among specific tasks of national R&D projects conducted from 20XX 1.1 to 20XX.12.31 is analyzed.
※ As for the analysis of the performance of the national R&D projects, date of the performance serves as a standard, not the date of the agreement of the project.
For the analysis and calculation of the performance considering the research investment, accurate information should be constantly provided.
※ As for the performance of the research and development, analysis and calculation of the performance compared to the amount of investment are extremely difficult as considerable time is required to publish journals and register or apply a patent to present the performance.2) As of national R&D projects, more than 60% of performances are reported according to the data collected during 2007-2008 examination and analysis
1) For the consistency in research and analysis, the standard year was set as 2012 (before the government organizational restructuring).
2) In the 2012 green technology R&D, the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology and the Ministry of Knowledge Economy took up 65.4% (1 trillion and 776.1 billion won).
- As for the portion of the SCI journals by research and development stage, basic research (56.3%, 2,524 journals) showed the highest portion, followed by the applied research (23.8%, 1,067 journals) and development research (15.8%, 706 journals).
- Projects by universities (69.3%, 3,105 journals) and those by government-funded institutes (22.9%, 1,025 journals) published 92.1% of the total SCI journals. · Meanwhile, national and public institutes (2.8%, 127 journals), large firms (1.9%, 84 journals) and small and medium firms (1.7%, 75 journals) showed weak performances.
1) Of the total national R&D projects in 2012, investment in green technologies accounted for 17.1% (2.7148 trillion won), and investment in major green technologies of the total green technology investment recorded 75.8% (2.563 trillion won).
1) In 2012, green technology investment was made the most by government-funded institutes (30.5%, 827.6 billion won), followed by universities (19.3%, 524.3 billion won), small and medium firms (18.8%, 509.9 billion won), and large firms (18.5%, 501.4 billion won).
SHARE THE GREEN, SHARE THE FUTURE
17th Floor, NamsanSquare Bldg., 173, Toegye-ro, Jung-gu, Seoul (Old address: 60-1, 2 Chungmu-ro, Jung-gu, Seoul), 04554
Republic of Korea Tel. +82.2.3393.3900 Fax. +82.2.3393.3919
Copyright(c)2013 GREEN TECHNOLOGY CENTER KOREA All Rights Reserved